Full mouth oral rehabilitation is also known as ‘full mouth reconstruction’ and is a major undertaking. In simple terms, its goal is to restore the mouth back to optimum condition or in other words, restore your teeth and gums. The duration of the process depends on the extent of the rehabilitation and ranges from several weeks to several months.
A Couple Of Reasons For Full Mouth Oral Rehabilitation
• Severe Wear & Tear: This can be caused by overactive chewing muscles which leads to significant damage on your teeth’s biting surfaces. The result could be a breakdown in your front teeth’s structure which can have a negative impact on speech, protective guidance functions and aesthetics.
• Anorexia/Bulimia: An almost overlooked side effect of eating disorders is when the entire tooth structure above the gum gets worn out. When this happens, rehabilitation is necessary in order to regain tooth function.
Losing a tooth is an unpleasant experience at the best of times but in some cases, the problem is exacerbated because of the loss of part of the jaw bone. In this case, the patient will have issues when looking for tooth implants as they need to be placed on healthy bone tissue taken from another part of their body.
This process can take up to 12 months to complete and an estimated 20% of patients are unsuitable. If you look to have complete oral rehabilitation, your dentist will consider:
• The condition of your teeth.
• Signs of periodontal disease.
• Jaw muscles, occlusion and temporomandibular joints.
• The color, size, shape and proportion of your teeth.
Complete oral and dental rehabilitation is high-level dentistry that can only be performed by qualified dentists such as the team at PMDC Dental in Bangkok. You can trust these experts to restore function to your teeth and give you a stunning smile.