Though dental treatment in Thailand is far cheaper than in Western nations, some procedures still cost thousands of dollars and not all patients have that money to hand. Fortunately, there are a number of easy ways to finance your trip including savings, home equity loans, credit cards, personal loans, lines of credit, asset liquidation and much more.
Due to the popularity of medical tourism, there are a host of companies offering loans specifically for the purpose of travelling to places like Thailand for medical or cosmetic treatment. Here are a few things you should know:
- These loan companies offer a flexible alternative to tying up cash or increasing your credit card balance.
- Typically, up to 70% of applications are approved though this can of course rise or fall depending on the finance company.
- It is possible to receive loans ranging from $1,500 to $50,000 in most cases and you should be looking for a typical APR of 9.9%.
- The repayment period is usually in the 24-60 month range; again, this is your choice though the longer the repayment period, the more interest you will pay.
- Applications can sometimes be approved in a matter of hours.
- You should also look for a finance company that doesn’t charge penalty fees if you repay the loan early.
For most people, it is best not to choose a secured medical loan because this involves putting up an asset as collateral. The interest rate on these loans is lower than on unsecured loans but the risk is higher. An unsecured loan is your best option and with so much competition on the market, you should look for a lender that asks for no money down.
Whether you need a loan or not, we wish you all the best if you choose to have your dental treatment in Thailand though we are confident it will be a big success.
Click here to read more about PMDC International Dental Clinic.